First of all I want to say thank you to some lovely bloggers who have previously nominated me for a Liebster Award, I was so honored and appreciative but unfortunately didn’t have the time to respond in the way expected. But now that Ragamuffin is sleeping and sleeping well (at the moment), and I have been nominated again by the lovely Bec over at Mumma Tells, I have time to respond, yay!!
So firstly, what is a Liebster Award?? As explained by Bec, “The Liebster Award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or “likers” (on their Facebook page). That’s right. It’s for the little guys. And it comes with baggage. Of the fun variety, I reckon”.
Essentially, you have to answer 11 questions of your nominator’s choosing. Then you have to come up with your own list of 11 questions and “pay them forward” to your 11 Liebster nominees. So here goes!!
The 11 questions I received from the lovely Bec:
1. If any character from a novel could be your best friend, who would you want it to be and why? I might be a little cheeky with this one, I would choose Elizabeth Gilbert from Eat, Pray, Love, I know that she isn’t a character but a real person, hence why I am being a little cheeky! I mean, who wouldn’t want to travel the world with a person like that discovering themselves and making new friendships. She would push me to step out of so many of my comfort zones, it would be life changing.
2. Brights or Pastels? I’m going to have to go with pastels, so pretty and calming.
3. What was the last thing you ate? Two pieces of toast with vegemite, very Australian!
4. It’s your birthday, what’s for desert? It’s actually my birthday in 18 days! For desert there will be chocolate mud cake from the Cheesecake Shop, heated in the microwave. Yummo!
5. What is your favorite season? Even though I am not a huge fan of the heat, I’ll have to go with Summer. There is nothing like it to bring friends and families together nightly for BBQ’s, sprinkler runs, drinks and relaxing in the back yard.
6. What is your favorite social network? It would have to be Instagram at the moment. Despite being a huge lover of photography, I feel like I get to know people on a deeper level here and make some genuine connections which I then transfer over to Twitter.
7. Coffee, tea, or neither? I’m starting to drink tea more now that I am home and trying to curve my insatiable craving for chocolate!
8. What is the most unusual gift you have received? To tell you the honest truth, I don’t think I have ever received an unusual gift. Although, being a teacher you can get some very interesting gifts!
9. Driver or Passenger? Mostly I would be the driver. Due to my panic attacks, I like to be in control, and because I have previously had many on long journeys in the car, I prefer to drive so that I have something to focus on and know that I can stop whenever I need to (or even turn back, which I have never had to do).
10. What if anything is under your bed? I have my suitcases under my bed, as well as a couple of space bags with some of my summer clothes in them (which I will soon changed for my winter clothes and bulky jackets to free up room in my wardrobe!).
11. Look to your left. What are five things you see? Well, I am at my desk writing this, to my left I have a water bottle, oracle cards, a journal, candles, and a Willow Tree statue.
Ok, and now 11 more things so you can get to know me a little better.
1. I’m scared of the wind and of birds.
2. I got my first migraine when I was 11 years old and in grade 5. People ask me why I can sometimes go to work with them, and my answer is simple, when you have had them for as long as I have, you learn to deal with them and sometimes that means dragging your butt out of bed, getting some fresh air and push through the day one moment at a time.
3. My first childhood memory is of me in Grade Prep, it snowed and I took a bag of it to school. I also slowly ate it throughout the day! Yuck!
4. I met my best friend in Year 9 when I started at a new school, all because me neighbour told us that we looked like each other and were very similiar. He was right and we are still friends to this day.
5. If I won Tattslotto tomorrow, I would buy a gorgeous tree covered block of land on the outskirts of our town and build our dream house (nothing flashy, just exactly what we want).
6. I go to bed early (like 9:30pm at the latest!) and I need lots of sleep at night.
7. I have this weird thing with textures of some foods, so cant actually eat them as I often throw it back up, gross I know. However it really is quite frustrating, I can’t eat any fruit (although some I don’t mind the taste of, once I start chewing though I’m in trouble), some vegetables although I am getting better at hiding them in foods, and no salad. Which makes loosing weight very hard for me!
8. I come across as confident, but nothing could be further from the truth! I am a shy introvert who sometimes just has to ‘act’ her way through things and wears her heart on her sleeve
9. I am a believer in spirits and the like. Some people call me crazy (like Hubby) but when things become glaringly obvious and true, you can’t really argue.
10. I began teaching when I was 2003, which means if I was working this year, it would be my tenth year! I have taught at my current school since the beginning of 2004 and have no intention of leaving (sorry guys!).
11. I am the one who calls and messages friends, organises catch ups, but am often the one forgotten and left out. It doesn’t hurt me as much as it used to but it does and always has made me wonder, what is it about me?
And now finally for the last part of the awards, to pass this award on to 11 other bloggers. I’m not sure I can think of 11 but instead have listed three people who I know in real life, three of who have recently started their blogs, so pay them a visit and show a lil bit of love!
Sarahdipity has not long started her Blog and is also my SISTER
Wild Child on Board is a good friend on my sisters and also my hairdresser. Also very new to the beautiful world of blogging.
M & A’s World I went to school with Linda, she is also a teacher like me and has probably been blogging for just as long too.
The Busy Mumma Bec has just had twins, and I am God Mother to her eldest daughter. Pay her a visit but expect the posts to be a bit sporadic at the moment, she kinda has her hands full!
The questions for the above bloggers:
1. What is on your bedside table?
2. What are you reading at the moment?
3. What is your first childhood memory?
4. Where is your favorite place to escape to?
5. Chocolate pudding or sticky date?
6. If you had to choose your favorite meal, what would it be and who would cook it?
7. It’s Friday night, what are you doing?
8. Did you attend University?
9. Do you believe in woo-woo? (Spirits, crystals, tarot etc)
10. What is your staple piece of clothing?
11. Do you believe in karma?
and looking at the other blogs in my reader, I think they would honestly have way more than 200 likers, so I will leave my list at that!!